Spinal Cord Rehabilitation
When it comes to conditions, injuries, and illnesses that involve the spine, most clinics take a traditional approach, focusing on a diagnosed level of injury and the function associated. At Life Beyond Barriers Rehabilitation Group, we take a holistic approach, shifting the perspective to how far a client’s resolve will take them, achieving the greatest functional recovery. Together, we come up with a plan. From there, we retrain, rebuild, and rehabilitate.
What makes our Spinal Cord Rehabilitation program different:
- Activity-based therapy that retrains and promotes sensory/motor recovery
- A personalized approach and skilled intervention with principles of neuroplasticity and prevention
- Therapy that prioritizes skills for daily independence and safety
- Simulation of real life activities in an accessible environment
- Evaluation for equipment and orthotic needs, including regular pressure mapping
- Use of Bodyweight Support Systems (BWSS) to promote weight bearing, resistance, balance and gait retraining; included treadmill, ceiling track, and stall bars
- Use of pool (see Aquatic Therapy) to reduce the impact of gravity
- MyndMove Functional Electrical Stimulation used to facilitate arm, hand, and fine motor movement patterns
- MyndStep Functional Electrical Stimulation to address foot drop
- Continuous feedback and active communication
If you’ve recently sustained an injury to the spinal cord or believe you could benefit from a different kind of program, contact us.
After an initial evaluation by the PT, OT, or SLP, we recommend a treatment plan. The plan is unique to the client—their goals and needs, plus the therapist’s findings and knowledge. The frequency and duration of therapy sessions are based on the physician’s prescription and recommended treatment plan.
All About YOU
We don’t look at where someone with a spinal injury is today, but rather where they could be with dynamic support. Our team pushes people toward their potential, while simulating real life activities and environmental situations. We learn what a person loves to do or a physical goal they want to achieve. Then, together, we get to work.
“Life Beyond Barriers stays updated and education brining in the latest edge of technology.”See Erv's Story
“A big piece of what I like to do is standing,” Cameron says. “Every time, it’s a rush.”See Cameron’s Story
“Some people ask why I’m still doing therapy,” Amber says. “I tell them this place isn’t your typical therapy.”See Amber’s Story
Jeff refuses to let life in a wheelchair place barriers around him. Our team refuses the same.See Jeff’s Story
As a person with boundless energy, Dave was unsatisfied with routine, low-energy therapy. He craved something more dynamic, where people pushed him harder.See Dave’s Story
Do you or a loved one desire a more personal approach to rehabilitation? Make a referral and we’ll be in touch.
Explore our collection resources that can support each client’s rehabilitation journey.
For a bold way forward — contact us