Along with the client and family, we help identify personal and contextually relevant goals with the client. Our Speech Therapists facilitate growth of cognitive, communication, and swallowing skills required to achieve those goals. Areas of focus may include attention, memory, planning, organization, sequencing, voice, and communication strategies. Our approach is holistic, individualized, and team-based. We focus completely on the individual, and form a plan around their story, unique circumstances, and personal goals.
What makes our Speech Therapy different:
- We talk with the client, not to them
- 1:1 client therapist interaction during entire treatment time
- Treatment plans are created around environments and needs with a focus on navigating their community
- Collaborative with other disciplines to ensure crossover and effectiveness in supporting communication/cognitive needs
- Approach on helping the client rediscover their self identity
Intensive Training in
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT) LOUD (Traverse City only)
- Certified Brain Injury Specialists (CBIS)
- LSVT LOUD
As a person with boundless energy, Dave was unsatisfied with routine, low-energy therapy. He craved something more dynamic, where people pushed him harder.See Dave’s Story
“A big piece of what I like to do is standing,” Cameron says. “Every time, it’s a rush.”See Cameron’s Story
Ever since coming through our doors for the first time, Kadi’s half-glass-full mentality hasn’t diminished a bit.See Kadi’s Story
“Some people ask why I’m still doing therapy,” Amber says. “I tell them this place isn’t your typical therapy.”See Amber’s Story
Jeff refuses to let life in a wheelchair place barriers around him. Our team refuses the same.See Jeff’s Story
Do you or a loved one desire a more personal approach to rehabilitation? Make a referral and we’ll be in touch.
Explore our collection resources that can support each client’s rehabilitation journey.
For a bold way forward — contact us