While others look at “a diagnosis” when it involves Parkinson’s, we think it’s more important to see the person. Their story and their goals. By doing this first, we’re better able to help maintain their quality of life. We recognize we cannot change the course of the disease process. However, we believe we can promote the integrity of a person’s desires and goals. This can be accomplished with an individualized, intimate approach.
What makes our program different:
- Education and support for family caregivers
- An approach aimed to improve function and slow motor deterioration, by retraining sensory, motor, and cognitive functions through intensive exercise
- Personalized interventions built into treatment plan in tandem with LSVT BIG & LOUD, PWR! methods
- Therapy that prioritizes skills for daily independence and safety
- Baseline, follow-ups, and tune-ups offered regularly, to ensure maintenance of gains from therapy sessions
- Use of pool (see Aquatic Therapy) to reduce the impact of gravity
- Evaluation for mobility devices and adaptive equipment needs
- Parkinson Wellness Recovery PWR!
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment LSVT BIG (Traverse City only)
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment LSVT LOUD
For Parkinson’s, we provide a comprehensive program with a sincere, caring approach. Contact us to learn more.
After an initial evaluation by the PT / OT /SLP, we recommend a treatment plan. The plan is unique to the client—their goals and needs, plus the therapist’s findings and knowledge. The frequency and duration of therapy sessions are based on the physician’s prescription and recommended treatment plan.
All About YOU
For those with a neuro-degenerative disease, we make therapy all about the person—who they are and what they hope to achieve. We don’t have one-size-fits-all plans. Here, each session is uniquely and dynamically customized.
We have a highly trained team of experts. Meet the team »
“Life Beyond Barriers stays updated and education brining in the latest edge of technology.”See Erv's Story
“A big piece of what I like to do is standing,” Cameron says. “Every time, it’s a rush.”See Cameron’s Story
“Some people ask why I’m still doing therapy,” Amber says. “I tell them this place isn’t your typical therapy.”See Amber’s Story
Jeff refuses to let life in a wheelchair place barriers around him. Our team refuses the same.See Jeff’s Story
As a person with boundless energy, Dave was unsatisfied with routine, low-energy therapy. He craved something more dynamic, where people pushed him harder.See Dave’s Story
Do you or a loved one desire a more personal approach to rehabilitation? Make a referral and we’ll be in touch.
Explore our collection resources that can support each client’s rehabilitation journey.
For a bold way forward — contact us