Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
In a neurologically compromised system, the pelvic floor is affected in vastly different ways, that may bring about challenges with bowel/bladder/sexual function. Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation is not just about Kegels, in fact it’s much more than that. The goal of pelvic floor therapy is to improve stability and function of the pelvic floor muscles. A therapist trained in pelvic floor evaluates the person to find out how pelvic floor dysfunction is impacting their daily function and then forms a plan, uniquely fit to the individual.
What makes our Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation program different:
- A holistic treatment approach addressing one’s breathing, functional movement patterns, muscle control, postural support
- Manual treatment for muscle imbalances and deficits, internal neuromuscular electrical stimulation, biofeedback, and education
- A therapy that is respectful of the individual’s privacy and independence, while addressing intimate needs
- Bladder management and bowel programs
- Activity-based therapy that promotes sensory/motor recovery
- Therapy that prioritizes skills for daily independence and safety
- Evaluation for equipment needs and adaptive devices
- Continuous feedback and active communication
If you or your loved one has experienced challenges with bladder/bowel/sexual function, we have a comprehensive program at our Rockford location, ready to help.
Contact our Rockford clinic 616-866-6859 to learn more.
After an initial evaluation by the PT / OT /SLP, we recommend a treatment plan. The plan is unique to the client—their goals and needs, plus the therapist’s findings and knowledge. The frequency and duration of therapy sessions are based on the physician’s prescription and recommended treatment plan.
All About YOU
The effects of neurologically compromised system can look different across the board. That’s why we don’t start with a diagnosis, but with the person. We learn about their hobbies and what they love about life. Whether it’s verbal or physical, we work toward goals with a determined mindset—always in a uniquely customized way.
We have a highly trained team of experts. Meet the team »
“Life Beyond Barriers stays updated and education brining in the latest edge of technology.”See Erv's Story
“A big piece of what I like to do is standing,” Cameron says. “Every time, it’s a rush.”See Cameron’s Story
“Some people ask why I’m still doing therapy,” Amber says. “I tell them this place isn’t your typical therapy.”See Amber’s Story
Jeff refuses to let life in a wheelchair place barriers around him. Our team refuses the same.See Jeff’s Story
As a person with boundless energy, Dave was unsatisfied with routine, low-energy therapy. He craved something more dynamic, where people pushed him harder.See Dave’s Story
Do you or a loved one desire a more personal approach to rehabilitation? Make a referral and we’ll be in touch.
Explore our collection resources that can support each client’s rehabilitation journey.
For a bold way forward — contact us