Special Announcement: Clinic Update
The health of our patients, family members, and team members are very important to Life Beyond Barriers Rehabilitation Group (LBBRG). At this time, therapy has been classified as an essential service per governor orders. Both LBBRG clinics will remain open for patients who are not experiencing symptoms of the COVID-19 /coronavirus (fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, body aches) and have not been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19.
LBBRG clinics have made operational and policy changes in order to protect patients and team members, during the COVID-19/ coronavirus pandemic. LBBRG is dedicated to educating our community about COVID-19 and risks to slow the spread of the virus, including the importance of social distancing and proper hygiene.
Per CDC guidelines, in order to mitigate the spread of coronavirus the following has been implemented:
- Every person will be called prior to their appointment to screen for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure.
- Every person entering the clinics (i.e. LBBRG staff, clients, caregivers) will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms, which includes taking of temperatures with no-touch infrared technology
- Hand hygiene and use of proper PPE
- Sanitization of equipment, the clinic in general, and all work surfaces before & after use and every hour respectively throughout the day, and at the end of the business day.
- Clinic access will be limited to PATIENTS ONLY with the exceptions:
– A person providing medical care
– A person supporting activities of daily living
– A parent or guardian of a patient 21 years or younger
- Scheduling guidelines, in order to minimize the number of persons in the designated treatment areas within, to support physical/social distancing of patients and therapists.
- LBBRG events, meetup groups, and exercise classes including PWR! have been suspended, until further notice.
YOUR HEALTH AND WELLNESS NEWSLETTER
Thank you for your interest in staying up-to-date with our community at Life Beyond Barriers Rehabilitation Group. To receive our monthly newsletter, please provide your name and email address.
Harnessing scientific skill and creative thinking
Life Beyond Barriers Rehabilitation Group combines the power of medicine...
$15K grant turns ideas into prototypes
Getting ideas from inside someone’s head to prototype is often much...
RIM Nurse to Receive Prestigious 2012 Nightingale Award
DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan’s (RIM), Maria Bobo...
For a bold way forward — contact us